19 May 2021: Conference Day 1
Welcome address – Roch Drozdowski-Strehl, Conference Chairman and ETIP PV Vice-Chairman
Session I – LATEST TRENDS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS IN THE PV INDUSTRY
The Opening session will bring together industry leaders, high-level Representatives of the European Commission as well as EU organizations to provide a comprehensive overview of the EU PV INDUSTRY.
Session Introduction: Roch Drozdowski-Strehl, CEO at IPVF
- Solar Manufacturing Accelerator & European Solar Initiative – Walburga Hemetsberger, CEO at SolarPower Europe
- EC Solar PV Vision – Joaquim Nunes de Almeida, European Commission, Director for Ecosystems IV: Mobility & Energy intensive industries
- Reshoring PV manufacturing: an annual 40B€ opportunity for Europe – Diego Pavia, CEO at EIT Innoenergy
- What can the new PV Roadmap tell us? – Jutta Trube, Coordinator ITRPV, VDMA Photovoltaic Equipment
- Panel Discussion (Industry Progress & Announcements) – Live discussion with all the presenters along with Guenter Erfurt, CEO of Meyer Burger Technology and Fabrizio Bizzarri, Head of Solar Innovation at Enel Green Power – Moderated by Gaëtan Masson, CEO at Becquerel Institute
Session II – EUROPEAN PV TECHNOLOGY: QUO VADIS?
Two key PV Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) challenges will be addressed during this session: Industry-ready Technologies as well as Emerging Technologies.
Session Introduction: Delfina Muñoz, CEA Liten and Ivan Gordon, EERA PV / imec
- Renaissance of PV production in EU with 3 categories of c-Si-based technologies – Radovan Kopecek, ISC
- PV SRIA Vision – How Technology and Manufacturing Improvements can Strengthen European PV Industry – Franz Karg, Avancis – CLICK HERE FOR THE RECORDED PRESENTATION
- State-of-the-art and challenges of emerging PV technologies in Europe – Pere Roca i Cabarrocas, IPVF, EPKA – CLICK HERE FOR THE RECORDED PRESENTATION
- The strategic importance of emerging technologies for European PV manufacturing as envisaged by the European PV SRIA – Simon Philipps, Fraunhofer ISE
- Panel discussion (How will European technology development and manufacturing enable the establishment of reliable and sustainable solar PV everywhere for everybody and forever) – Live discussion with all the presenters – Moderated by Ivan Gordon, EERA PV / imec
20 May 2021: Annual Conference Day 2
Session III – RELIABLE AND SUSTAINABLE SOLAR PV EVERYWHERE
The key Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) domains to be the focus of this session are PV integration, Quality & Sustainability.
Session Introduction: Ulrike Jahn – VDE Renewables
- The Strategic Importance of Reliability, Sustainability, and Integration in the PV Sector by the European PV SRIA – David Moser, EURAC Research
- Reliability Challenges for New PV Material & Module Developments – Gernot Oreski, PCCL
- Lifecycle PV quality assurance for PV power plants – Paolo V. Chiantore, BayWa r.e.
- Research and Innovation for expanding solar power generation without expanding land use – Bianca Lim, ISFH
- Panel Discussion (How can PV be installed and integrated in a reliable and sustainable way?) – Live discussion with all the presenters along with Andreas Wade, Global Sustainability Director at First Solar – Moderated by David Moser, EURAC Research & Ulrike Jahn, VDE Renewables
Session IV – FIT FOR 55% – SOLAR DRIVING EUROPE’S AMBITION
Rounding out the two days of interactive sessions will be done in a discussion between high-level representatives of the European Parliament, the European Commission, and PV specialists.
Session Introduction: Wim Sinke, TNO Energy Transition and Walburga Hemetsberger, SolarPower Europe
- How Can Europe Set the Right Milestones to Lead Us To A Decarbonized Continent By 2050? – Antonio Lopez-Nicolas, DG Energy, European Commission
- What Are The EU Parliament’s Plans To Get Us Ready For 55% – MEP Jutta Paulus, Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament
- What Can Be The Role of Solar In Europe’s ambitions – Christian Breyer, LUT University
- Solar As A No-Regret Option To Decarbonization? – Manon Dufour, E3G
- Panel discussion – Moderated by Wim Sinke, TNO and Walburga Hemetsberger, SPE
This conference is free to attend. Please make sure to register to the session/s that you are interested in. Separate Zoom links will be sent to you for each of the sessions.
Follow us in social media at #PVEverywhere and #ETIPPV for the latest updates.